Wednesday 6 January 2010

I blame Coco

I am and have been for some time now, completely and undeniably infatuated with Eliot Sumner. Better known as the front liner of I blame coco, she is the hopelessly beautiful offspring of the equally talented Sting. A young, stiflingly perfect individual with a talent so overpowering it hits you right where it hurts. Imagine Sting back in his police days; now inject that with a large helping of ska and just the right amount of soul and your only half way there. To fully comprehend the vocal capability of young Coco you just have to listen yourself, with influences from the likes of Dre, Cole Porter,Lee Perry and Bowie, Coco seems to only be scratching at the surface of her true musical aptitude. Whether it’s the light hearted song of the bands namesake or the soulful echoes of control, Sumners proves she can stand out from the crowd for all the right reason. Releasing her latest single Caesar, which also features Robyn (a bad choice for a partnership in my opinion). Coco sets to liberate her sultry tones upon the musical public this month. Although I am not a big fan of this song I still believe it is difficult to suffocate a talent such as Miss Sumner's, plus I can always hit the mute button and just lap up Eliot in all her finery.


I Blame Coco feat. Robyn - Caesar

I BLÅME COCO | MySpace Music Videos

0 comments:

Labels

Followers

  ©

Back to TOP